Paul Helms, LMT, CSCS
Paul Helms is an injury rehabilitation specialist using telehealth, medical massage therapy, strength and conditioning/corrective exercise, and Fascial Stretch Therapy. With these skills, he treats athletes such as NFL players (Philadelphia Eagles), NBA Players (Philadelphia 76ers), professional aerialists, D1 college athletes, and international squash players.
Paul considers himself an “injury rehab specialist”, as opposed to a traditional sports massage therapist or personal trainer. He is passionate about working with people who want to improve their every day lives by decreasing their pain levels, as well as getting them to move, and feel better.
Paul’s own experience as an athlete dealing with injuries has a significant influence on his treatment style. He understands the frustration from being sidelined from an injury. Growing up in Durham, NC, Paul ran Cross Country in high school and rowed competitively at Davidson College where he served as team captain for several seasons. After completing his Bachelors of Science in Biology at Davidson, he worked as a CrossFit coach and physical therapy aide for Duke University Hospital System based in Chapel Hill, NC.
As Paul gained more experience and training, he gravitated towards injury rehabilitation and sports performance. This eventually led him to get a license in massage therapy and advanced Fascial Stretch Therapy certifications to expand his scope of practice. This allows Paul to better serve his clients looking to be free from pain and enhance their athletic ability
- B.S. degree in Biology (Davidson College)
- 650-Hr Massage Therapy Program (Cortiva Institute: Pennsylvania School of Muscle Therapy)
- Level 3 Fascial Stretch Therapist (Stretch to Win Institute) Level 3 Fitness
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, CrossFit Inc.
- Functional Movement Screen Certified, Functional Movement Systems
- Global Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention Part 1 Certified, Sagittal Patterns, GRIP Approach
- MO License #2019021788
PA License #MSG011741
- Associated Massage and Bodywork Professionals (AMBP)
- Fascial Stretch Therapy Association (FSTA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association